28/12/2010

PETRI 7 - ADJUSTMENTS

Because my research is almost coming to an end, I'll discuss some obstacles I encountered and therefore would change if I had the chance.

The main problem is the assembly and disassembly of the camera. Don't get me wrong, I never had to break a part during the disassembly. All the parts are connected with each other on a certain way that allows it to disconnect them again.

It's even so that the disassembly went a lot more smoother than the assembly. And that's my problem.

For example, the assembly of the blades of the shutter or diaphragm iris is so delicate work, even by using a pincet.


But I found a way to make things easier.

All the small metal blades aren't screwed to a solid part. They are connected by placing them on the right place, and than putting an other part over it, hoping everything fits and comes together.

here you see a blade of the shutter with no solid connection

it's the same story for the blades of the diaphragm iris

this is were the blades must be placed on

this black disc must be placed exactly on the blades in order to keep them in place

here you see the blades, there are no holes for a solid connection

If each blade would have at least one hole, then at least one spacing ring and screw could hold the pieces together on a solid part. This would make the assembly much easier.

here I placed the spacing ring above a blade of the shutter

a blade of the shutter with spacing ring and tiny screw

No comments:

Post a Comment